Monday, June 17, 2013

Day 31 Cortez, CO to Monticello, UT

We woke up early and went to check out Mesa Verde. It was really cool to see all those cave dwellings. It would be fun to climb in and out of my room every day. I'm going to have Allie design my dorm house that way. 

We saw people who were doing the race across America. They do about 500 miles less than us but do it in about 13 days. They are on teams and have a full support van sleeping in shifts. They also don't carry their gear. We are clearly much tougher. 

We got a little late start and did a shorter day. I was (and am) very sore. The worst is the scrapes on my butt. They are just barely in the wrong place for riding. We had a big headwind too but Allie took the lead and blocked the wind the whole way. . I think I'll be 'injured' till San Francisco. ;) 

We left Colorado and entered Utah. It's weird to think about how far we have come. We just entered our twelfth state. 

Colorado was filled with beautiful views and amazing mountains and people. 
Here is a model of Mesa verde dwellings.

 

Haiku
The ground has hit me
And then Allie ran me over
Guilt is on my side :)



No comments:

Post a Comment